Apply for a Masa Israel scholarship and possible needs based grant
You might want to try some of the following avenues to raise additional funds for the program.
- Try your local Jewish Federation. Many Federations have money set aside for young adult participation on Israel programs. Find your local Jewish Federation. The following federations have supported participants in the past: Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Boston
- Jeff Seidel - Grants towards airfare.
- Participants from Boston can receive a $500 scholarship by applying for them directly with: Matt Lebovic, CJP Senior Campus Associate, 617-457-8757, email@example.com
- Ask your Rabbi / Synagogue. Synagogues often have discretionary funds that are waiting for someone like you! You can also approach the brotherhood/sisterhood with an appeal.
- Try friends and family. Many of them will help you if you ask for assistance. We even found a service called MyPassportAssist that helps you create an effective “friends and family” fundraising campaign.
- Be in touch with your local Israeli embassy or consulate.
- Check out this list of additional funding options compiled by MASA.